3/14/2016

Full House

Time flies so fast. So fast that you have to keep moving forward or else you’ll be left behind. But once in a while, looking backwards and being reflective is essential to be able to recognize the importance of every decision and to derive helpful lessons from errors in the past.

With graduation day fast approaching, I can’t help but feel sentimental. All of a sudden, memories came rushing into my mind and it’s an overwhelming sad feeling ‘cause I will terribly miss all that has happened during my four years in college, especially the people I’ve met and got along with. This goes out to all of my beloved classmates and friends, who have been a part of this crucial stage in my life.

With graduation day only a couple of weeks away, I can’t help but wonder about what’s in store for me in the near future. Only God knows what lies ahead in the next days, months and years after leaving the university. It’s okay to ponder about the next decisions to make, but it’s also not a bad thing to have a trip down memory lane and take a glance once more on the good old days.

Looking back at the past, here’s a classic Korean drama that undoubtedly captured the hearts and minds of viewers around the globe.

I got carried away with the introduction so please bare with me and carry on with the review.
J Thanks! J






It’s no surprise why Full House has a strong appeal among the viewers around Asia.
It is a high-rating program during the time it was aired in the Philippines. I decided to write about Full House because as far as I can remember, it’s among the first Korean dramas that I enjoyed a lot, probably because it is a rom com. This is definitely a great starter for someone like me who was still new to Korean dramas at that time. For a newcomer, watching Full House can give you a memorable start.

Song Hye Kyo and Rain nailed it with their effortlessly funny performances. It comes off naturally, making the show light, entertaining and uncomplicated (though it is not lacking in twists).




The chemistry of this adorable and annoyingly cute couple is so strong, and that’s enough reason for anyone to watch this drama. It also served as the main strength of Full House.


I’d like to include here a pretty accurate summary of the story of Full House from Wikipedia:

Ji-Eun (Song Hye Kyo), an aspiring scriptwriter, lives in a house called "Full House" built by her late father. One day, her two best friends trick her into believing she has won a free vacation. While she is away, they sell her house. On the plane, she meets a famous actor named Young Jae (Rain). Through comedic events, they get acquainted during her vacation and when she returns, she discovers her house has been sold to him.

Though they don't get along with each other, as she is messy and he has a bad temper and likes cleanliness, they agreed to live with each other. At first, Ji-eun works as his maid in order to buy her house back, but because of Young-jae's wish to make the love of his life, Kang Hye-won, jealous they get married. They set up a contract for the marriage to last six months. During that time, complications arise and Ji-eun and Young-jae become attracted to each other.
-



Song Hye Kyo definitely keeps the mood of the drama light by her loud and cheerful personality. I claimed myself as a fan of Song Hye Kyo when I was a kid, right after I saw her in Autumn in my Heart. Wow, she’s undeniably beautiful, even when crying. She blew me away and I instantly got hooked with Full House.

This rom com series is also blended with heartwarming moments that will surely touch your soul. Their love-hate relationship will make you giggle a lot. They are constantly arguing like cats and dogs. But more than the clashes, they also have their own problems to deal with. Young Jae is experiencing an emotional turmoil because his career has gone downhill and also because the love of his life, Kang Hye Won will be leaving soon. On the other hand, Ji-eun, whose only possession is the house she inherited from her father, is struggling financially. To top it all, they still managed to brighten up the mood with their hilarious exchange of dialogues. The huge difference of their personalities paved the way to an unlikely but interesting love story.



There are plenty of couple moments to enjoy, plus the music from the ost is just sooo perfect for the drama. The finale is sweet and fulfilling, and that’s all we wanted in a drama. Seems like I can only give praises for this series. Maybe because Full House is guaranteed to satisfy your expectations. :) 

I would not give it all away, cause there’s so much more to say and I don’t think I can give the justice this drama deserves. 

Take a break from tear jerker, overly dramatic series and lighten up your mood with the classic Full House.




*Note: Photos used are not mine. Credit goes to their rightful owner* 

No comments:

Post a Comment