2/21/2016

My Love from the Star


My thoughts about My Love from the Star (You Who Came from the Stars)?

Well, honestly, my limited vocabulary (and also the limited time) makes it uneasy for me to deeply express my views about the drama. For some reasons, MLFTS seems to be different from any other drama. My words are just not enough. lol 
But with all that I can, I will gather all that I know to describe MLFTS in this entry. So stick around and enjoy!
J
MLFTS is about an alien who landed on Earth 400 years ago and has to wait for many years before he can return to his planet. As fate would have it, he would meet and eventually fall in love with a hugely famous actress who happens to have an exact resemblance with a girl he saved in the past, 3 months before he leaves the Earth.

A drama sure to make you laugh, cry and give all the feels. It’s romance, comedy, fantasy and mystery, all rolled into one series.

So to start off, let’s talk about the characters J
I must say that Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun are perfect for portraying Do Min Joon and Cheon Song Yi and their sparkling chemistry, which is obviously visible, contributed a huge part to the success of the drama. Both of them made an outstanding, praiseworthy job in performing their roles.






Do Min Joon rarely smiles, but when he does, it’s heart fluttering. So prepare yourselves to be captivated by his wit and charm. And take note-MLFTS just made a new definition of ‘Alien’. *winks*
Min Joon is known to have superhuman senses- enhanced vision, strength, hearing ability, speed, and memory with immunity to extremely low and high temperature and an extremely slow aging process. And don't forget the nearly perfect appearance. Never did I imagine that an alien could be as lovely as he is. :)))


Cheon Song Yi is a top Hallyu star who looks independent on the outside, but is actually vulnerable inside. They are total opposites. But complement each other’s personality.

What I like about Jun Ji Hyun is that she isn't afraid to make herself look funny/crazy/ugly (she is still beautiful anyway). Really enjoyed those hilarious moments :D
She's recognized as a movie star, but I saw her versatility when she effortlessly pulled this off on television.




Do Min Joon has been spending almost his entire stay in the Earth being cold and distant to other people, living incognito and changing identities from time to time. He lived confining himself in the outer shell that he built to avoid trouble, complications, and attachments. I’m delighted to see how Song Yi hit the soft spot in his heart and made him react like he never did before. Slowly, he started to take risks to protect Song Yi even if it means putting his life in danger and having his powers exposed.          

awww, M so touched by his selfless acts.

  

And thennn, there are the heartbreaking crying scenes L
I already like him for being the silent guardian of our heroine, but my admiration grew even more every time I saw him crying. I can see and understand how unbearable his pain is- returning to his home planet, and leaving Song Yi. It’s so painful, that I was not able to hold back my tears. Hands down to Kim Soo Hyun. It’s such a good performance that deserves to be recognized .

The characters are definitely a strength of the drama; most of them seem to look fashionably good. It’s not hard to recognize their good sense in fashion and clothing style.


Then there comes the villain (Lee Jae Kyung). The evil older brother of Song Yi’s childhood friend gets in the way, and threatens to kill Song Yi if she reveals his secret. His irritating presence is significant to sustain the level of thrill and excitement in the drama. I am just happy and relieved that in the end, justice has been served. Of course he ended up prison, losing all his possession, and his family. Serves him right.

Regarding the story, the production behind the drama (Director, Script Writer etc.) showed their expertise in creating a show that executed each genre in a balanced way. There’s a bunch of twists and turns involved, so there is never a dull moment. You’ll laugh, cry, get excited, or feel anxious or annoyed- but never get bored with it. As what I’ve said earlier, the drama was jam packed with interesting sequences. The murder mystery made me feel curious and thrilled to see how the villain can interfere with the love story. It get a little scary, and intrigues me more, when I finally realize what he’s (Jae Kyung) capable of doing.

Jae Kyung's deadly stare, evil laugh and all his merciless acts is pissing me off. Still, I couldn't help but notice how impressive his acting was. 



And, MLFTS has a good dose of melodrama too. L

Well, one thing that’s quite confusing for me is the essence of having a girl with exact resemblance to Song Yi 400 years ago. What does that mean?  They have given emphasis on the similarity of the two females. Whether it’s just a coincidence or something, I don’t think it really matters.

The cinematography is incredibly great- lighting, framing and camera angles. Yeah, the shots are breathtaking. They have captured the spectacular, beautiful scenes of the past and modern Korea. Annnd the special effects are just amazing.

Along with the story, I also certainly enjoyed the soundtrack. Gives me all the feels.
And the instrumentals too.



The entire drama is seriously addicting, you don’t wanna take a break from watching it. No doubt why this drama is a massive hit across Asia. However, the show may not be suitable to other viewers as it caters to a particular target audience, probably women.






All in all, MLFTS makes a highly enjoyable watching experience for me. See it for yourself! And let me know your thoughts about it. J


Note: All photos used are not mine. Credits go to their respective owner.




No comments:

Post a Comment